Advice for online dating for Women: BE CAREFUL
Unfortunately, there are a lot of predators online. So you must be careful when communicating with strangers before you get to know them well.
Duh! Yeah, I know, but reminders are good.
Depending on the site, they have become the virtual meeting places for singles from different parts of the world encompassing all cultures, ages, personalities, and professions and other characteristics. What an opportunity to branch out and spread your wings!
If that’s not your style, other services offer solely local matches. And matches within a certain geographical area. You set the parameters.
Online dating is convenient, logical, and inexpensive. Singles can chat, meet and interact and possibly find real relationships with a small-time investment and minimum risks.
And testimonials reveal that for many couples, this has led to marriage after realizing that they are compatible and complement each other.
There are hundreds of dating sites to choose from. You need to have enough time to research because one service offered by an online dating site doesn’t necessarily mean that it’ll become your best choice.
How credible is the dating service you favor? How important is that to you? What background research have you processed to find its positive results. What do reviews state? Are you comfortable with those reviews? Can you get personal recommendations from other singles?
Also, make sure the dating site you choose meets your requirements. Are you just looking a friend? A pen pal? A potential relationship? Casual sex? Deep involvement? Some sites are very raunchy. Is this what you want? Make sure.
Within these services, the best way of introducing yourself is through profiling. Through a series of questions and matching your criteria with others, they attempt to process candidates they feel will be your best match in the future. Information such as age, location, and others are necessary information.
Take note here: There could be serious men online wanting to honestly meet their soulmate. Be cautious, but honest. Don’t make up false profiles to lead someone on. That’s not gracious nor kind. Be yourself and be honest in your interactions.
Many professional online dating sites provide various ranges of featured chat rooms and services. You can try using advanced features such as video or voice greeting. It increases your chance of meeting the person you like compared to a five-line letter advertisement in the newspapers personals page and attending a social gathering.
Some have cautioned that it’s better if you engage in interesting communication through email (a new one just for this purpose) before you agree to a first conversation on the phone or having your first date. Food for thought.
Online dating sites can act as your helpful tool in finding your best match. However, again, people should be cautious—It’s advisable to remember important online dating tips to avoid problems and scams in the end.
ONLINE DATING TIPS
- Start slowly. You need to guard yourself against persons who seems too good to be true. It’s best to communicate through email or text messaging first.
- Always guard your anonymity. Make sure you don’t include information such as your last name, home address, real email address, workplace or other identifying information in your profile.
- Be sure that your email signature file is turned off or does not contain any information which can identify you. Stop communicating with persons who keeps on insisting that you give such information.
- Before giving any personal information to somebody, be sure you are comfortable with the person and known him/her in character. It is important to ask many questions and weigh if the person is telling the truth or not through his/her replies. Be selective and follow your instinct wisely. Decisions which are done carefully often give favorable results.
- Ask for a photograph to get an idea of the person’s physical appearance. Talk to him/her on the phone to know his/her communication skills but never give your number to a stranger. It is better to talk using a block to your caller ID.
It is better to protect your privacy to avoid ending falling into the hands of someone unscrupulous.
CREATIVE WAYS TO FIND LOVE ONLINE
I found this neat article from Women’s Health Magazine, by Jessica Gross.
Online dating is now the second-most common way couples meet, with 30 to 40 percent of singles trying out some 1,500 services, from sites to apps. So if you’re single and don’t want to be, shunning digital dating is kinda, well, dumb. But to avoid spending all your time clicking aimlessly or going on dates you feel like running (screaming) from, you need a game plan.
Homework for you: Take time to come up with your own unique strategy to making your online dating experiences successful.
ONLINE DATING ADVANTAGES: SUMMARY
Again, I have personally met women who were highly successful in meeting men online. Three have married and are happier than morning lovebirds.
One nurse met a highly successful aerodynamics engineer, born in Vermont, who, after meeting her in Cleveland due to their online chemistry, proposed marriage. He was transferred to Seattle and has bought her an incredible house on a lake with beautiful mountains in the background. Sigh.
Another, I worked with met locally and have now been married 7 years. Happy as can be.
Point is, these women would NEVER have met their now husbands, had it not been for online dating.
So, what are you waiting for …
Grandma-D recommends: http://lovejustforme.com
ACTION STEPS FOR THIS BLOG
Read the following: